Ever wondered what are the 10 superfoods that will promote your health? Super foods are especially thickened in nutrients and short in calories, which means that we can enjoy them knowing we are doing our bodies a favour! Superfoods are excellent sources of anti-oxidants and essential nutrients and may be found in the kind of greens, nuts, fruit, and seaweed as well as several herbs. Accordingly if you choose to obtain the benefits of nature’s restorative nutrients, then here is a checklist of superfoods to make you look and feel grand!
1. Goji Berries – These berries are a superfood on the grounds that they hold more vitamin C than any other fruit. In addition, these powerful berries have vitamin B1, B2, B6, An and E, 18 amino acids and 21 trace minerals making them a great source of protein as well! Goji berries are an effective antioxidant in addition, serving to slow down the aging process as well as defend against disease.
2. Acai berry- Acai berries contain a lot of antioxidants which help in combating the signs of premature aging. They are crammed with 10 times more antioxidants than red grapes. In addition they hold a synergy of monounsaturated fats, phytosterols and dietary fibre that helps promote digestive and cardiovascular health.
3. Coconuts – drinking the juice of young coconuts will immediately improve your energy due to their rich content of electrolytes. Our bodies carry electrolytes contained in our cells, which are responsible for transporting energy. What’s better, the molecular structure of coconut water is the same as that of human blood plasma, which means the body puts the goodness straight to use; coconuts are positively one of the ten superfoods as they are an entirely natural source that will give your energy levels a healthy boost.
4. Green leafy vegetables – Green leafy vegetables are wonderful superfoods that are readily available to all of us. Pretty much anything green and leafy is sure to supply you with protein, enzymes many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, A , C, folic acid, magnesium and iron. In addition these greens are rich in well chlorophyll which helps blood deliver magnesium and oxygen to all of the body’s cells. Spinach, rocket, watercress, lettuce and chicory added to you salad may help prevent heart disease and cancer, cleanse the liver and maintain a healthy immune system.
5. Oily Fish – Oily fish are superfoods due to their rich content of vitamins and minerals and especially seeing they are high in Omega 3 fats, known for lowering the risk of heart attack. In addition, Omega 3 fats help to prevent depression and defend against dementia. A few of the fish included in this grouping are: Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines and Herring.
6. Whole Grain – Whole grains are a good source of B vitamins, Vitamin E, magnesium, iron and fibre. Including these superfoods in your diet lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke, diabetes, cancer and digestive disorders. Whole grains include: oats, brown rice, wild rice, millet and quinoa, all readily available superfoods!
7. Beans and lentils- Beans are respectable sources of potassium, which may help lessen the risk of stroke and high blood pressure. Dry beans are a dependable source of folic acid, which defend you against heart diseases by breaking down an amino acid called homocysteine. Lentils on the other hand are high in protein and low in fat.
8. Allium Family- This includes onions, leek, garlic and chives which are superfoods due to containing flavonoids that improve the production of glutathione. Glutathione enhances the eradication of carcinogens and toxins. For this reasons the Allium family may help prevent cancer, lower cholesterol and decrease the risk of blood clots.
9. Pumpkin- Extremely high in fiber and low in calories, pumpkin packs a plethora of disease-fighting nutrients, including potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and vitamins C and E. Rich in carotenoids, pumpkins have been related to a host of health- promoting and disease-fighting activities. They have been shown to decrease the risk of various cancers, including those of the lung, colon, bladder, cervical, breast, and skin.
10. Avocado- One of the most nutrient-dense foods, avocados are rich in fiber, folate, potassium, vitamin E, and magnesium. In addition they are high in monounsaturated fat (oleic acid), which may help lower cholesterol, making it an easily available superfood.
The best thing about superfoods is that most of them are easily available and tasty! Including these ten superfoods in your diet will promote overall health and make you look and feel remarkable inside and out!
To learn more about Super foods, visit www.10superfoods.com and learn to protect your body and mind.